Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How to troubleshoot virtual network adapter related issue in VMware workstation

Recently I have encountered "Hung" issue with VMware workstation ,When I try to modify the VM configuration it was getting hung so I was re-installed VMware workstation after that my actual issue got resolved but I faced different issue which is "virtual network adapter" not configured properly for all my previously residing / installed OS with VMware workstation. Then I started digging and finally got the solution to resolve virtual network adapter problem.

Please refer the below screenshot / information which was resolved my network problem.

There is simple way to troubleshoot virtual network adapter issue in VMware workstation . 

  1. Open your Virtual Network Editor and follow like below screenshot steps. 
  2. Remove all the network adapter which are listing in the Virtual Network Editor Application. 
  3. Select the network adapter and click remove network button, do the same for all the adapter one by one. 
  4. Finally click the restore Default button to restore all the adapter.
  5. Click ok to finish. 



Now check your VMware workstation , it should be fine. 

Thanks for reading this article....

0 comments:

Post a Comment